Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10-26-08 Hopelchen to Campeche

Getting sick of the middle of know where. I was going to avoid the citys, but I needed to relax someplace with things to do, people to talk to. My next ruins too were at Edzna, about 55-60km from Hopelchen. They are closer to Campeche and there is a bus service from Campeche, so that sealed the deal, and I road. I thought Campeche was about 60km away, but out on the road it turned out to be a solid ride at 85km. In great shape, so not a big deal. The weather has been very nice, around 75F, and the road was mostly very flat. Brook 1000km too!

I have been to Campeche before, so knew what to expect. Nice, but not the greatest city. Ended up staying in a hostal. Was OK. Dont sleep as well, but I can cook food here (pasta by the pound) and it is right in the town square.


The view from the hostal. It is Sunday and there are bands playing. Most are great, but one was a karioki thing with this guy in leather pants.

Not a great person for this, but this guy was sweet, and he blew my mind. A miget on a minature dirt bike with training wheels.

This night club in an empty parking lot was sponsered by diet coke. Keeping it real I think, this was all cloth. The sign just says 'Dance Club'.

Distance Rode:85km
Trip Total:1072km

No comments: