Wednesday, October 15, 2008

10-12-08: Tihosucco to Saban, rained out.

Got up and rode to Saban though Max Hoey, possibly the most run down town Ive passed though, to see the ruins of Yookop. Had an increadible breakfast of fried tortilla, pork, onions and a red chilli sauce. Something was flavored with something like cinimon, it was unreal. I asked about a guide for the ruins and soon there was about 5 guys slowly starting to assemble. The ruins are about 6km south of the hamlet along a rought dirt road. Very soon it started to rain very hard and for most of the day. I was able to sleep in the town hall in my hammock. Very nice people. I dont think they ever get any tourists...ever. They seemed delighted i showed intersted in Saban and the ruins. I spent most the day trying my best to talk to them, they were very interested to have a forgeiner to talk to...or try to talk to. Got to bed early, was exhusted from the last night.

The church at Max Hoey.



The church at Saban.

A detail of the facade.

The community center (my room for 2 nights).

Distance traveled: 30km

Trip Total: 425km

No comments: